Google has rolled out another new feature called “seasonality adjustments” for smart bidding for search and display campaigns.
Smart bidding strategies which work on a machine learning technology to helps advertisers automatically adjust bids at the auction time to improve campaign performance to get more conversions. This is controlled by machine learning technology, but business seasonality varies from business to business, locations & time.
So Google now is providing more flexibility & control to adjust your smart bidding strategies based on your rare situations, now you can apply “seasonality adjustments” for search & display campaigns. According to Google, seasonal adjustments strategy is good to use only for a short period (1 to 7 days), It may not work if you run more than 14 days or continuously. Use this only if any major changes to conversion rate are expected within 1 – 7 days because the smart bidding strategy already manages seasonal events such as holidays.
Example: If you would like to target your local festivals in your area and you want to run flash sales during the weekend. Historically you see 30 to 40% increase in the conversion rate during the weekends, So you would like to use this local festival to run a special sales campaign for 3 days to boost your sales. You can use this seasonality adjustment and smart bidding will consider the adjustment for the date range which you have selected and will try to boost your sales target by CPA model.
Google Ad managers can activate seasonality adjustments by following these steps
- Login in to your Google Ads
- Click on the tools & settings (top right corner)
- Under the Shared library, Click on the bid strategies
- Click on the Advanced controls (Top left side)
- Settings: Give name, Start & end date
- Scope: You can apply to a specific campaign or all the campaign
- Devices: Select on which device you would like to run
- Conversion rate adjustment: You can increase or decrease conversion rate %.
Need any help or free Google Ads consultation, feel please to get in touch with us now.