Are you considering running display ads to attract more customers to your website or planning to start a retargeting campaign on the Google Display Network? In this blog, we will delve into the two primary ad types, Standard Display Ads and Rich Media Ads, to help you make an informed decision. Discover how to optimize these ads for search engines while effectively reaching your target audience.
Standard Display Ads
Standard display ads are familiar ad formats that typically involve one interaction. To ensure the approval of your ads, it’s important to follow certain rules and guidelines. Here are key considerations:
- Visual Appeal: Avoid blurry images and flashing backgrounds. Opt for clear and recognizable visuals that resonate with your audience.
- Choosing the Right Ad Type: Interactive ads outperform static ads. While animation attracts attention, be cautious of overusing it to maintain a professional appearance.
- Top Performing Banner Ad Sizes: The following ad sizes have proven to be effective:
- 300×250 (Medium rectangle)
- 336×280 (Large rectangle)
- 728×90 (Leaderboard)
- 300×600 (Half page or large skyscraper)
- 320×50 (Mobile leaderboard)
- 320 x 50 (High-end mobile devices)
- File Size and Formats: Keep your file size within the maximum limit of 150 KB. Acceptable file formats include JPEG, SWF, PNG, or GIF.
Rich Media Ads:
Rich Media ads offer greater creative freedom and interactivity, making them more engaging and attention-grabbing. Here’s what you need to know:
- Understanding Rich Media Ads: Rich Media ads incorporate interactivity or multimedia elements that float, play, and expand when users interact with your landing page. These ads stand out among the vast volume of ads and have shown higher engagement and click-through rates.
- Types of Rich Media Advertising: The most common types of rich media ads are:
- In-page ad, Rich Media Ads: These ads appear in a rectangular form within a webpage.
- Out-of-page ad, Rich Media Banners: These ads float, pop up, or expand across a webpage.
- In-stream video ads: These ads are seen as pre-roll or post-roll video content.
- Optimal Ad Sizes for Rich Media: Consider the following ad sizes for your rich media ads:
Rich Media Ads vs. Standard Display Ads
When comparing rich media ads and standard display ads, it’s important to prioritize mobile optimization due to the significant mobile internet traffic. Make the most of media-rich creatives to captivate your audience. To explore media-rich advertising options and optimize your display ads, contact us for a Google Ads consultation and a free audit.
To achieve maximum impact with your display ads, it’s essential to consider the benefits and characteristics of both Standard Display Ads and Rich Media Ads.
By optimizing your ads for search engines and incorporating rich media elements, you can effectively reach your target audience and maximize your conversion rates. Contact us today to start monetizing your target audience with relevant rich media advertising.
Rakesh Bhosale is a seasoned digital marketing consultant with over 15 years of industry expertise. Specializing in lead generation, demand generation, branding, marketing automation, and digital transformation strategies, Rakesh’s comprehensive knowledge and hands-on experience drive remarkable growth and establish strong online presences.