Keyword research is one of the most important parts in search ads, It can make or break your campaign performance. Google Ads’ auction model is based on Ad Rank, which is related to your search query & ad relevance.
Keyword research is the process of finding the search query terms that your prospects use to find solutions, information or purchase on search engines. Through this, you will come to know about what people are searching for, which are the word combination use to search which are related to your business, search volume, cometitation, Avg CPC. from this process you will identify the most relevant keywords for your search campaigns.
Keyword research process & best practices
- Brainstorm: make a list of solutions are services you make to advertise, make a broad list of what people might search on Google.
- Always start with broad keywords, and move to the specific
- Define your campaign goal, what you want to achieve from your campaign
- Use different keyword tools for different keyword combinations, search terms people look for in search engines.
- You will come to know about where your potential customers located, local, national or international.
- Get traffic estimates for a list of keywords group from Google keyword planner. It will also recommend you the budget for your campaign.
- Include variations and synonyms in your keyword list
- Create your keywords in tight groups like brand keywords, Commercial keywords, Broder, Low intent keywords, long term keywords, competitive keyword
- Understanding Keyword Relevance. Different keywords play a different purpose, so use different keywords for different levels of your sales funnel.
- Your keywords should trigger your ads for different types of user queries that could solve or provide best solution to searchers. Use different keyword types properly.
- Create small and focused keywords groups
- Use negative keywords properly
Most Popular Keyword Research Tools
Keyword research is not just one time task, you need to keep auditing your keywords & search term report (Find out How to use search term report to optimize your campaign) regularly to come up with new focused, relevant keywords.
Keywords are the backbone of any search ad campaigns. Use keywords, keywords match type and negative keywords properly to make your campaign successful.
Am a data-driven Digital Marketing Consultant & Trainer. I have been actively involved in the marketing industry for over 15 years. Digital marketing is my passion because it is a giant puzzle whose rules are constantly changing. I talk about Digital marketing, Lead Generation, Demand Generation and MarTech. Certified in Google Ads, Google Analytics and Inbound Marketing.
Leave a Comment