A search term report is also known as a search query report. This is the most important part in Google ads, because advertisers will be paying for search terms not for keywords.
Search terms are the actual searches that trigger your ad because they match one of the above ads conditions & keywords.
Analyzing search terms reports on a regular basis helps ensure that you are not wasting advertising money on irrelevant search queries and also it will improve your campaign performance.
Here are a few things you can do with search term report.
- Regularly you need to monitor your search term report because you pay for search query not for keywords
- Find new keyword opportunities (Learn how to do keyword research for your Google ads campaign)
- Add most relevant & converting search term as a keywords
- Help you to build a most relevant & specific ad groups
- Find irrelevant keywords, you can add them as a negative keywords
- Boost campaign performance by removing irrelevant keywords, which can save money, improve CTR, improve ad position & quality score.
- Better Understand Your Audience: This report will provide you a great opportunity to learn and research about your target audience, better understand their needs and requirements, what they are searching for. Based on this you can alter your ads text, landing page content & create a separate more focused Ad Groups.
- If you don’t know long tail keywords or most specific keywords which convert into business or you want to know what your target audience search in google than use a “Broad match keyword” type and regularly run through your search term report to find out your answers.
- To find search terms those you’re paying for clicks that will almost never convert.
- Help you to build long term negative keywords list. It is one of the best negative keyword generators as well.