Pay Per Click ads (PPC) is one of the most effective & the fastest ways to generate business from online, if you strategize and implement it correctly, then you need to depend on the sales team to generate leads or businesses. The primary goal of any business is to get maximum ROI from less spend, in simple terms how much we spend and how much we earned. In Google Ad’s every click cost you money. There are lots of hidden techniques & tricks in Google Ads, which can make or break your campaigns.
What are negative keywords In Google Ads?
Negative keywords is type of keyword in Google Ads, which prevents your ads from being shown in the search result by a certain search terms, keywords or phrase. It will help you to filter the search queries which you feel are not relevant to your business or such search queries won’t generate business.
For example: If you want to generate leads for accounting software through search ads, if someone search “free accounting software” or “Training on accounting software” definitely they will not your target customers,s o you can avoid such click to save money and improve ROI, you can use “Free” and “Training” as a negative keyword.
Negative Keywords Match Types
There are three different negative keyword match types and each one has a different purpose to play, have to use them very carefully.
Negative keywords won’t match for synonyms, close variations, plurals.or similar words as they do for regular broad match keywords and for any single word negative keywords, there is no difference between broad, phrase match keywords.
How many negative keywords Can use in Google Ads?
- 10,000 Per campaign
- You can create 20 shared negative keyword lists per account
- Maximum 5,000 keywords per list
- Up to 5,000 for Display Network and Video campaigns
Benefits of adding Negative keywords
Negative keywords are one of the most dangerous and useful techniques. Not adding negative keywords to your campaign will impact on several factors of your campaign’s performance. It will help you in many ways like.
- High CTR
- Improve quality score
- High ROI: Ads will appear with more specific search queries and more chances of getting quality leads or sales.
- Increase conversion rate
- Save money – Avoid paying for useless clicks
- Prevents harming business reputation
How to find Negative keywords:
To improve your campaign performance, you should keep adding new negative keywords to your campaign on a regular basis.
Here are the few tricks to find new negative keywords.
- Brainstorming session: You need to come up with as many as possible you think of negative keywords, which may searchers search, which may not be related to your business, a brainstorming session is a primary task because you need to eliminate negative keywords before they show in the search query report.
- Search Query Report: Run a search query reports, see if your ads are triggered by irrelevant keywords, which gives you an exact term searched for, how many clicks you got from that particular searched keywords. Find out irrelevant search terms and add them to the negative keywords list. (Learn “How to use search term report to optimize your campaign)
- A standard list of universal negative keywords: For any B2B business campaigns, there are many universal negative keywords list you should use it, Please note that before you implement these negative keywords, just make sure that they are not relevant to your business and does not affect your campaign.
- Google’s Keyword Tool: is one of the best and quick ways to research, which also gives you a clear idea of popular search that is related to your business, which may trigger your ads, so with the careful analysis you can include or exclude keywords.
You need to carefully use the best combination of keywords on your account and campaign level to get high ROI. Feel free to contact me, if you need to know more about it or Google Ads Consultation.
Am a data-driven Digital Marketing Consultant & Trainer. I have been actively involved in the marketing industry for over 15 years. Digital marketing is my passion because it is a giant puzzle whose rules are constantly changing. I talk about Digital marketing, Lead Generation, Demand Generation and MarTech. Certified in Google Ads, Google Analytics and Inbound Marketing.
Leave a Comment